ATLANTA — Kivon Taylor (Morehouse) was named Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) Football Offensive Player of the Week, while Kaelan Bonds (Miles) earned Defensive Player of the Week, released by the league office on Monday.
Dalton Hall (Tuskegee) was also tabbed Special Teams Player of the Week alongside Brett Sylve (Kentucky State) who earned Newcomer of the Week.
Kivon Taylor, QB, Morehouse
- Taylor, a Georgia native, led the Maroon Tigers to a 35-33 win over conference opponent, Central State.
- Completed 17-for-27 (63.0 pct) passes and threw 247 yards with his longest being 55 yards and two touchdowns
- The 6’5 senior rushed 21 yards on the ground and finished with a rushing touchdown
- Taylor is making consistent strides since 2015 when he was a redshirt sophomore throwing 355 yards with three touchdowns while rushing 103 yards on the ground with one rushing touchdown.
Kaelan Bonds, DE, Miles
- Bonds led the Golden Bears defense on last week as they down the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) defending champions, Fort Valley State, 29-10.
- The redshirt senior from Florence, Ala. finished the game with nine tackles and two sacks which serves as his season highs within the early part of this season.
Dalton Hall, Punter/Kicker, Tuskegee
- Hall is tabbed as Special Teams Player of the Week for his second consecutive week after leading the Golden Tigers to a 30-16 win over the Clark Atlanta Panthers.
- The 6’2 Junior from Hartsville, South Carolina finished with seven punts 50 yards with his longest being a 51 yarder while averaging 41.1 yards per punt.
Brett Sylve, RB, Kentucky State
- Sylve assisted the Thorobreds to their first win at home over Kentucky Wesleyan College, 30-23.
- Before the half, the sophomore running back received the kickoff and returned it 90 yards for the touchdown, making the score 21-7.
- This play marked Sylve’s second special team score of the year, leading all of the SIAC in return yards.
- He led the Thorobreds in rushing as he claimed 99 yards on 21 carries