ATLANTA — Slade Jarman (Fort Valley State) was named Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) Football Offensive Player of the Week, while Harding Harper (Clark Atlanta) earned Defensive Player of the Week, released by the league office on Monday.
Turner Warren (Kentucky State) was also tabbed Special Teams Player of the Week alongside Frank Bailey (Morehouse) who earned Newcomer of the Week.
Slade Jarman, QB, Fort Valley State
- Jarman threw for 358-yards while completing 22-of-34 pass attempts and one interception in the Wildcats’ 31-28 double-overtime win over Benedict on Saturday.
- The Pensacola, FL. native had two 53-yard touchdowns and another two for 28-yard touchdowns.
- The junior finished the week rushing 19-yards on 12 carries.
Harding Harper, LB, Clark Atlanta
- Harper led the Panthers defense to a 31-7 sweep over the Lane College Dragons on Saturday.
- The Montgomery, Ala. native finished the week with a season high 12 tackles, seven being solo and five assisted, and one tackle.
Turner Warren, Kicker, Kentucky State
- Warren had a day full of highlights with Kentucky State downing Central State 34-22 in the Circle City Classic.
- As Warren lined up for a 28-yard field goal attempt in the second quarter, he broke to his left after the snap, as junior wide receiver, Cort Groathouse, flipped the ball to Warren.
- The Louisville, Kentucky native eluded a tackler for his first career rushing touchdown putting KSU up 20-7.
- The junior kicker connected for four extra points, two field goals from 29 yards and 26 yards, and pinned the Marauders inside the 20-yard line twice throughout the day, racking up 136 total yards on four punts.
Frank Bailey, RB, Morehouse
- In his first start, Bailey led all players with 123 all-purpose yards. Bailey’s 33-yard catch and run for a touchdown, with 3:25 remaining reduced a 10-point lead and lifted Morehouse to within striking distance after falling short to conference opponent, Miles.