ATLANTA — McKinley Habersham (Albany State) was named Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) Offensive Player of the Week, while Austin Stephens (Miles) earned Defensive Player of the Week, released by the league office on Monday.
Dalton Hall (Tuskegee) was also tabbed Special Teams Player of the Week alongside Thurston Rubin (Lane) who earned Newcomer of the Week.
McKinley Habersham, RB, Albany State
- Habersham finished the week with a season-high 184 yards with his highest being 33 yards and three rushing touchdowns as the Golden Rams cruised to a 34-9 win over Miles.
- The Junior, Savannah, Ga native posted a season-high 7.7 yards on 24 carries while putting up two 1-yard rushing scores to put the Golden Rams ahead before halftime.
Austin Stephens, LB, Miles
- Stephens finished the week 17 tackles to have the Golden Bears fall short against Albany State last weekend at Sloan-Alumni Stadium.
- The sophomore, Munford, Ala. native led his team’s defense as 12 of his 17 tackles were solo while completing two tackles for a loss of 13 yards and adding one sack for a loss of seven yards.
Dalton Hall, K/P, Tuskegee
- Hall punted six times for a total of 263 yards for an average of 44 yards per punt.
- The Hartsville, South Carolina native had a career-long 68-yard punt which assisted in holding Lane to only three points in the first half.
Thurston Rubin, QB, Lane
- Rubin, a Memphis, TN native led the Dragons offense in a come-from-behind effort with a total of 224 yards of total offense and three touchdowns including a 16-yard dash to the end zone.
- The junior completed 21 passes out of 37 attempts for 199 yards and two touchdowns with his longest being 32 yards.
- The Dragons fell short of completing the comeback as they fell 28-23 to the Golden Tigers of Tuskegee.