ATLANTA — Brett Sylve (Kentucky State) was named Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) Offensive Player of the Week, while Osband Thompson (Tuskegee) was named Defensive Player of the Week, released by the league office on Monday.
Nick Christiansen (Miles) was also tabbed Special Teams Player of the Week alongside teammate, Joseph Cambridge who was named Newcomer of the Week.
Brett Sylve, RB, Kentucky State
- Sylve recorded 235 all-purpose yards and two rushing touchdowns against West Virginia State University on Saturday afternoon.
- The sophomore’s 167 rushing yards was a career-high, as he averaged seven yards a carry in the 35-23 loss.
Osband Thompson, RB, Tuskegee
- Thompson helped the Golden Tigers to a 23-17 win over the Maroon Tigers as he led Tuskegee’s defense with 15 tackles—six solo and nine assisted.
Nick Christiansen, K/P, Miles
- Christiansen scored a season-high 11 points by making all three of his PAT attempts and connecting on 2-of-3 goal field tries (25, 35).
- His one miss – the first of the season in 10 tries – was a 54 yarder into a gusting wind that came up about two yards short.
Joseph Cambridge, QB, Miles
- Cambridge helped the Golden Bears to their 41-20 win over conference opponent, Central State.
- Playing in his first collegiate game, Cambridge set a Miles season high for passing yards and threw his first career touchdown pass for 64 yards.
- The freshman also completed 15 of his 28 passes for 212 yards.