By Gary Norris Gray, Staff Reporter
The MIG line hits the ice for this year’s hockey season, a season of change in the Eastern Conference. The McClean, Ingram and Gray Line will give you the information needed to watch the National Hockey League.
As the 2019 season begins players moved to different homes with different teams. Below is the current list of Black (Goal Brothers) players in the National Hockey League in alphabetical order.
The elder statesmen J.T. Brown moves to the young Minnesota Wild and Pierre-Edouard Bellemare moves to the mid-west and Colorado Avalanche while the Jersey Devils add Goal Brothers Wayne Simmonds from the Philadelphia Flyers and P.K. Subban from the Nashville Predators to fire up New Jersey’s offense and build the Devils defense.
Many questions must be answered in 2019. Will Canada get the Cup back with the surging Toronto Maple Leafs, Calgary Flames, Winnipeg Jets, and Edmonton Oilers?
Will the Montreal Canadiens return to respectability in the east? The National Hockey League has to make sure Canadian teams make the playoffs, last year was a disaster with only two teams making it to the second round.
This could be the last chance for the Washington Capitals, San Jose Sharks, and Boston Bruins with their aging rosters. We cannot forget the power of the 2018 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues and Pacific Conference mover, Vegas Golden Knights. Can Nashville survive without P.K. Subban?
It should be one of the most interesting years in the NHL.
The Grayman cannot decide between the Tampa Bay Lightning or the Toronto Maple Leafs in the Atlantic Division and the Carolina Hurricanes or Washington Capitals in the Metropolitan Division to be in the Eastern Conference Finals.
This could be the final four in the east.
2019 Goal Brothers
- Darren Archibald- Vancouver Canucks- Forward- inactive
- Justin Bailey- Vancouver Canucks- Forward
- Andreas Athanasiou- Detroit Red Wings- Center
- Pierre-Edouard Bellemare- Colorado Avalanche-Forward
- Madison Bowey- Detroit Red Wings- Defense
- J.T. Brown- Minnesota Wild- Forward
- Dustin Byfglien- Winnipeg Jets- Defense suspend for personal leave of absence – inactive
- Trevor Daley- Detroit Red Wings- Defense
- Anthony Duclair- Ottawa Senators- Forward
- Christopher Gibson- New York Islanders- Goalie
- Tyrell Goulbourne- Philadelphia Flyers- Forward
- Jordan Greenway- Minnesota Wild- Forward
- Josh Ho-Sang-Edmonton Oilers- Forward
- Seth Jones- Columbus Blue Jackets- Defense
- Mathieu Joseph- Tampa Bay Lightning- Forward
- Evander Kane – San Jose Sharks- Forward
- Oliver Kylington – Calgary Flames- Defense
- Andreas Martinsen- Chicago Black Hawks- Forward
- Darnell Nurse-Edmonton Oilers- Defense
- Kyle Okposo- Buffalo Sabres- Forward
- Ryan Reaves- Vegas Golden Knights- Forward
- Wayne Simmonds- New Jersey Devils-Forward
- Devante Smith-Pelly- Washington Capitals- Forward
- Gemel Smith- Boston Bruins- Center
- Malcolm Subban-Vegas Golden Knights -Goalie
- P.K. Subban- New Jersey Devils-Defense
There were five retirements of Goal Brothers from the 2018-19 season.
END OF PART I- Atlantic Division next
Gary Norris Gray – Writer, Author, Historian, Gibbs Magazine-Oakland, California and New England Informer- Boston, Mass. THE GRAYLINE:- The Analects of A Black Disabled Man, The Gray Leopard Cove, Soul Tree Radio In The Raw, and The Batchelor Pad Network, Disabled Community Activist. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
©Copyrighted Gary Norris Gray @ Gray Leopard Prod